At this workshop, HR professionals will learn the components of “paying for the person,” based on the individual as well as other key considerations, and how to use competencies to make pay decisions.
• What are the key pay-for-person considerations?
• Which components of pay relate to the individual performer?
• When should a pay premium apply?
• How does “competency based” pay factor in?
• How should pay progression be related to individual performance?
• When should recognition and retention plans operate?
• Identify competencies.
• Examine competency-based pay.
• Develop competencies (core/leadership, technical competencies).
• Develop competency-based pay systems.
• Use competencies to make pay decisions.
• Link competency to the pay structure.
HR professionals and compensation and benefit practitioners interested in understanding how competencies link to compensation